NOW HIRING - SWIM LESSON INSTRUCTORS
POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The swim instructor at the Mat-Su YMCA maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals and provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swim classes.
1. Instructs swimming lessons in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly, and supports members and program participants in achieving their goals.
2. Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers, members or program participants, and colleagues at all levels of the organization; helps participants and families connect with each other and the YMCA; and encourages parent or caregiver involvement.
3. Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers program participants and families to other programs.
4. Maintains records as required (e.g., attendance, progress reports).
5. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
6. Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
7. Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: • YMCA Swim Instructor certification, or equivalent, or willingness to attend training. • Previous teaching experience preferred. • CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certifications preferred or willingness to attend training. • Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards. • At least 14 years of age.